Junior Chefs: Kids Cook A Classic Italian Meal….including Handmade Pasta!
Hands On | Tasting & Take-Home Food
Fri 7/29/22 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Kids (ages 9-14), kids will learn to make an iconic Italian meal - Spaghetti & Meatball , the right way. Today’s instructor, Bruce Campbell, is excited to teach you the steps to make this popular Italian favorite.
You’ll learn, and practice, culinary techniques like mixing, measuring, knife skills, sauce-making and more as you get to help with the cooking activities while learning to make a classic egg pasta dough, authentic Italian Marinara sauce, and perfect meatballs - all, from scratch! We’ll round out the meal with fresh garlic bread and delicious Tiramisu – a classic Italian dessert. This is a class where you get to begin your OWN traditions in the kitchen! Mangia!
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THIS CLASS:
- NOTE: Please be aware that all cancellations must be received prior to 72 hours before the start time of your class. For more information, and to view all class-related policies, including cancellation, masks, and safety-related measures, please click here.
- Let us know if you want to sit near someone else attending the class. Let us know at the time of registration (in the ‘comments’ section of your registration) whether you would like to sit near someone else attending the class.. You could also call us with this information at 913-341-4455
- For kids ages 9-18 attending this class, we require A Waiver signed by parent/legal guardian prior to admittance to this class: [Click here to download the Waiver] Note that the Waiver requires that you provide (1) a phone number where you can be reached during the class if necessary and (2) name(s) of any additional people who are authorized to pick up the child after class. We encourage you to print off a copy of this Waiver, sign it and either 1) scan and email it to email@example.com or 2) bring it to class with your student. Without an appropriately signed Waiver your child will not be allowed to attend class. We are sorry but we cannot make any exceptions to this rule. Also note that If someone other than the parent signs a Waiver, they will need a legal document to be presented that shows without question that they have the legal authority to sign a Waiver on behalf of your child at that time.
- Only registered students allowed in the classroom during class. While we love those parents/grand-parents, aunts & uncles, they will not be allowed to attend ‘just to watch their child’ without registering for the class. You are welcome to enjoy our Kitchen Shop Experience while your child, age 9 and up, is attending.
- Important Information Regarding Children With Special Needs: Our cooking instructors are skilled in teaching culinary education at an age appropriate level. Several of our instructors even have early childhood and teaching background and certification. However, we are not equipped to work with, nor are these classes designed for, children who may have special needs, issues with focus, or difficulty with sitting still to listen and concentrate on the instructor or issues with relating to other students in a classroom setting. When we encounter a student who requires significant special attention, the experience for the other students suffers. While our class and cooking camps are well staffed, we just don’t have the staff to be able to allocate someone to work directly with your child for the entire class. Should we identify a situation where we believe a student falls within one or more of these categories, we will be contacting you to pick up your students. Unfortunately, we will not be able to issue a refund for all or any part of the class or camp fees. Please feel free to call us to discuss any questions or concerns that you feel should be discussed in advance of your child’s class.
Junior Chefs in the Kitchen™, Junior Chefs Academy™, Li’l Kids In The Kitchen™, Tiny Tots In The Kitchen™, Professional Culinary Arts Classes & Series™ and Pro Classes™ are trademarks and service marks of The Culinary Center of Kansas City®.
Events in this Series: